Last week we talked about the first three areas to work through in maximizing your current resources. They were:
- Recognize the obvious
- Unconventional breakthroughs
- Face the facts
Today we’ll cover the next three, which are:
- Reveal your business’ soul
- From breaking even to breaking the bank
- Stand up and stand out
Reveal Your Business’ Soul
Every business has a soul and you likely felt it the strongest when your business was just starting. It’s that passion, newness and momentum you had at the very beginning. Sometimes that can get lost along the way as your business gets stagnant and set in its ways. You have to break out of that rut and get back to your business’ true soul.
The philosophy of putting your client’s needs above your own is the true key to success. You need to serve your clients not sell to them. They want to build a relationship based on trust, not a used car. Add to these responsibilities your ability to solve problems, handle special situations, be a friend to your clients and focus on offering valuable, high quality products/services. Only then will you get back to the basics and find you have more resources than you thought.
From Breaking Even to Breaking the Bank
One of the classic and most used ways to attract clients is to offer them a ridiculously low price on their initial purchase and lock them in for future purchases. You see this approach with movie or book clubs and even credit card companies who offer lower interest rates for the first six months.
Essentially, you are offering them a deal on their first purchase and then you offer them back-end and add-on products along the way. These are naturally higher prices and will bring them in to more of an intimate relationship with you and your company.
Stand Up and Stand Out
You need to stand out from the pack among your competitors. They only way you can do this through consistency and value. You do this by discovering what your USP (Unique Selling Proposition) is and perfecting it. Here are some tips to help you find and develop your USP:
- Look for unfilled needs in your industry.
- Use preemptive marketing.
- Use a technique that is clear and to the point.
This wraps up this post. If you need help with any of these areas and techniques, try our GUIDED TOUR to access a wealth of resources and tools.
You can also get our special Momentum Series training that focuses on helping you become clear on your goals and then showing you the path to get there. Right now I’m offering that program for Free to my readers at: Momentum Training Series.
There are a few things you need to do and consider to prepare for your first face to face meeting:
- Make a list of what you want to accomplish during the meeting.
- Anticipate potential concerns from the client.
- Check to make sure you are completely prepared.
- Listen more than you talk.
- Bring support staff with you.
- Use and respect the clients’ format.
- Always follow through.
- Ask for what you need and seal the deal.
- Simplify your prospects life.
- Find ways to boost your credibility.
- Build and nurture relationships.
- Learn from “no.” Find out what didn’t work so you know how to change it for the next time.
These are all important things to do both before and during your presentation. With confidence behind your company and product you will catch that big fish. The next step of the process is negotiation. This can seem a little intimidating but with a few tips and tricks can become natural to you.
Here are some tips to help you negotiated successfully:
- Build a pricing strategy and stick with it.
- Prioritize what you plan to offer. This should include what really matters to you and what you are willing to give in on.
- Don’t give in too quickly.
- Negotiated with a person, not a “company”. Don’t let their answer be that they would like to but can’t.
- Don’t sell yourself short.
- Mitigate your pricing. If you go too low you won’t be able to raise it back up and you need to make a profit.
- Don’t sacrifice quality for the deal.
- Your services should always count as costs.
- Boost margins with add-ons.
- Handle requests for proposals with the utmost care.
These are the ways you make sure that both parties are getting the best possible situation from the partnership. Once you start meeting or working together, it’s important to continue to build your relationship so that that representative becomes a big of an ally for you. They are more likely to vouch for you and build on the partnership you have with their company.
We like to call this person a champion. They are champion for your company and can bring a stronger, brighter future to your company. Here are the characteristics of a great champion:
- They are respected by supervisors.
- They are socially networked.
- They think in the best interest of their company’s long run.
- They are able to quickly navigate through the company to get things done.
- They are willing to give credit to another person.
- They share the same business philosophy, values and vision as you.
Now, that you know how to negotiate for what is best for both parties and build on relationships, we’re going to talk about how to use your fish’ power to the best of your benefit.
If you need help with any of the negotiation or courting process, try our GUIDED TOUR to get access to a wealth of great tools and resources to help you be successful. You can also check out our selection of Online Courses.
For influencers and those that want to be influencers – maximize your potential for impact and success
Be honest with yourself… do you feel deep down like you should be creating more impact, more meaning and more success with the influence you have? (Big or small?) Learn how by clicking here: http://bit.ly/TonyDeanTraining
Maybe your friends come to you for advice, or you seem to get more likes than most on your social media posts… Heck, maybe you’re amazing at building a following and you’re already crushing it in most people’s eyes…
…but you know in your heart that you have sooo much more potential. To make an even greater impact and to create NEXT LEVEL success in your life.
If you’re someone people listen to, or you’re an influencer in any space, any niche and any country then you need to listen up. Because you have the very rare chance to learn from two of the best in the WORLD at doing what you probably desire – Tony Robbins and Dean Graziosi…
And lucky us because these two are going LIVE for only the second time ever (and the only time in 2020) on Thursday, February 27th to share their proven blueprint for making a positive impact on a massive scale, and achieving the success you crave along the way!
Use this special registration link to save your spot now:
If you don’t know Tony and Dean, these are two of my dear friends who have impacted more lives than any two people I know and guided so many people to lives of true fulfillment. And what they are going to share on February 27th will blow your mind…
The first time they shared this gold standard blueprint, “The KBB Method” on a live training they had 200,000 people show up and nearly broke the internet. And they started a movement that I still struggle to wrap my head around and it honestly inspires me every day…
Tony and Dean have reached 24,000+ people in under a year, in 150 countries around the world and in 4,000+ niches. I’m telling you – this method applies to you even if you don’t believe it!
And the widespread success is the best part. I’ve seen influencers and those wanting to influence, multiply their following and make so much more positive impact while at the same time creating NEXT LEVEL success.
Here are just a few of the 125k comments a month they get in their private FB group:*
“I should’ve had to pay $15k for this! The amount of material & knowledge received? Dean and Tony are total class for “giving” this away! #mindblown” – T.S.
“Dean and Tony have me shaking, crying, laughing, having multiple breakdowns followed immediately by breakthroughs…” – Karen
“What an unbelievable collection of Wisdom and Guidance. Many thanks to Dean Graziosi and Tony Robbins. Both are forces for good and inspire the whole world.” -Roni
So if you want access to (all new) mindset training from Tony Robbins (the most impactful person I know when it comes to human potential)… marketing training from Dean Graziosi who is the best on the planet at finding the right clients and getting them to say “yes”… and their combined tactics and secrets for implementing what you learn…
Then you need to take advantage of this once a year opportunity. Missing this could potentially lead to more regret than you’ve experienced in a while.
Use this special link I got and go register now:
The spots and the live chat are limited so make sure to show up early so we can talk and ask them questions at the end! Plus you will get instant access to Pre-Event training from Tony and Dean.
Once you’ve signed up, mark your calendar and set a reminder for Thursday, February 27th at 5 PM PST!
See you there,
P.S. They’re also going to have special guest appearances from two of the most life-changing people on the planet right now…
Russell Brunson, who founded one of the fastest-growing non-VC backed SaaS companies in the world and just an all-around awesome guy!
And Jenna Kutcher, who runs a 7 figure empire helping women live fulfilled lives by sharing the business and personal secrets she’s mastered in today’s fast-moving technology and culture!
Look, there’s no chance I’m missing this, and you shouldn’t either…
So register now at this link and show up:
*Statements contained here were made by individuals who participated in the KBB training. KBB did not pay any consideration for these statements and individuals do not have any relationship with KBB other than participating in our training.
In a recent post, we talked about how to learn about your big fish and prepare for the first contact you’ll make with them. This first contact is essential to your success. You need to instill confidence in them. They need to know you can fulfill exactly what you are offering on time, at a good price and at the quality you promise.
Today we’ll actually go through the big approach and how to make that perfect first impression. Before you put together your approach plan, you need to choose which big fish you’re going after. Take a look at your notes and the research you’ve done about prospective fish. Then decide which one will be the easiest approach to start out with.
There are a series of things to go through in choosing which fish to start with. They are:
- Position Your Business
- Compile Your Hit List
- Select the Best Target
Position Your Business
You need to position your business to make the first move by listing your revenue streams, ID and list your operational procedures, where your fish is initially positioned, your big-customer research, and putting it all together.
Compile Your Hit List
Start with a list of all the companies you’ve been considering. Then narrow it down to the ones you know could use your products or services. Don’t overlook obvious choices, whether they are big or small. Even small companies could be big fish in the future.
Select the Best Target
Once you’ve got your list narrowed down, you need to decide which one is the best fish to start with. You need to consider a couple of things:
- Which have the most purchasing resources to spend?
- Does their company vision complement yours?
- What are their employee incentive programs as they relate to your products/services?
- What’s the company’s real need for you?
- Will the partnership lead you off-course?
Now you should have a target in mind to start with. It’s time to plan your approach and execute that plan.
Here’s the step-by-step plan to help you make a good first impression:
- Build and analyze your database. Divide your leads into three different categories: hot leads, great fits and secondary leads.
- Send out introductory mailings to your target to introduce yourself, your company, services, products, and vision. They need to be short, clean and concise.
- Follow up with your first phone call 2-3 days after they would have received the mailings. During the phone call find out whom you need to be speaking with in the future and try to set up a meet with the right person.
- Follow up your phone call with another mailing that thanks them for taking the time to speak with you and offer more details about your products/services. Use this letter and the opportunity to set up a meeting to do a presentation.
- Follow up the letter with another phone call a couple of days after they would have received the letter. This phone call is to help you further develop your relationship with the prospective client. You should also be able to set up a presentation meeting with them.
- Call again a week later if they haven’t agreed to a meeting or presentation. Ask if they received your creative letter (the second one) and if they have a minute when you can stop by and introduce yourself in person.
Now, don’t be upset if you don’t seal the deal right away. Some people simply take a little longer to woo. This can all be a little intimidating at first, but when you know you are offering a quality product/service, you can’t go wrong.
Once you’ve gone through this process and make the first contact (and hopefully a good first impression) it’s time to put your best face forward, which means sending the right salesperson to seal the deal.
If you need help putting together your approach and make a good first impression, try our GUIDED TOUR to work with a coach and have access to a wealth of great resources and tools. You can also join our Inner Circle Mastermind to learn and network with an incredible group of success-focused entrepreneurs.
This clip was taken from our January 22, 2020 Inner Circle Mastermind call where I was talking about Dana Derricks Dream 100 Book.
“Everybody is chasing around their customers and trying to sell their products/services directly to them.It’s happened for hundreds of years.But, there’s a better way.It’s the Dream 100.Instead of going after your potential customers directly, like 99% of businesses or sales people, you go after people with LISTS of your potential customers.” Dana Derricks
Click HERE to get your FEE copy of the DREAM 100 BOOK!
To find out how you can join us on our weekly Inner Circle Mastermind calls, click HERE